New Dream Doll "Marie"

"Marie"

New and vintage buttons and ornaments

Charms

I have just finished my latest one of a kind doll, "Marie". She will be auctioned this weekend to benefit The Peace Project at The Gallery 9 in Culver City.

She is about 14 inches tall, with a wire support armature. The fabrics of her body and dress are vintage upholstery fabrics. This toile print is one of my favorites. The beads are glass, shell and plastic. I've mixed faux and some real pearls.

I enjoyed using the Embellie Gellie from Scraperfect to make the beading process so much easier. I also used Best Glue Ever to adhere the hand painted face before beading.

Seed beads on the EG where I could grab them 
with my needle - so much easier than pinching 
between finger and thumb.

Comments

WOW, these are some of the most unique and interesting looking dolls I've ever seen! I'm more of a "country" themed person, but I really do like these. Great job!
JoAnn
www.sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1