My latest Scrapbook pages, part one.

The next SDU Scrapbooking design course at Michaels Inglewood will be starting in two weeks. It will run Saturdays, February26 through March 19th. Times: 3.00-5.00pm.

These are the pages that I have made recently, and I'm thrilled with how they are turning out.

This is a page using a Diptic I-phone photo taken by James - the three photo images were collaged together by the app. The base is from My Mind's Eye - "Totally Girl" by Jen Wilson, and the other papers are from the K&Company stack "Yuletide" and some sparkling unnamed cardstock from my stash. I used Cricut cartridges Wall Decor & More, Holiday Cakes and George and Basic Shapes for the lettering and embellishments, fastening with Recollections Mini-brads. But the coolest part is the vintage style Santa which I recycled from one of the Christmas cards we received this year. I painted the back with a bicarbonate of soda solution to reduce the acid. I love how the muted colors allow the b&w photos to take center stage.

Here's the Sweet Dreams layout I made, again based on a sheet from "Totally Girl". The cardstocks are AC Cardstocks and I inked the edges of the flowers (Cake Basics) with Michael's pigment inks. I customized the title (Wall Decor & More cart) with Slickers dimensional fabric paint. Again James took these photos.



Jayn met Minnie at her Fourth birthday celebration, at Disneyland in 2003. These are papers from "Totally Girl" again. (Can you tell I really like this stack?) and Tim Coffey designer mats from K&Company. The bow embellishments are hand drawn and inked, while the lacey medallions are made from some old generic paper doilies. The brads are Recollections brand and the title is made with Cricut carts Gypsy Font and Plantin Schoolbook (End Caps).


I couldn't decide what title to use, so I managed to sneak in two to this layout. Totally Girl papers, AC Cardstocks and chipboard glittered letters. Michaels sells these acrylic rhinestones by the bag, and they are attached with Glue Dots. The Cricut carts for the embellishments and borders are Accent Essentials and Plantin Schoolbook - although I also altered the flowers by hand.



I've started on the numerous beautiful photos from my childhood. Here in Journey to Japan I was playing around with different proportions of matting, and custom embellishments. The cardstocks are a mix of AC and Recollections stacks, while the floral paper is Origami paper from my stash. The paper flowers I embellished with pigment inks, and fastened with Recollections mini-brads. I bought them a while ago. Meanwhile as usual I made the titles with Cricut carts; Robotz and Holiday Cakes both have nice fonts. The cherry blossom branches were cut from Tie the Knot, while the rising sun image is hand cut. I found the image of Mount Fuji online, and made b&w.

More shortly.

Comments

Great pages Robyn! Scrapbooking is something I haven't done much of, but I really admire people that do.
Thanks MA. I appreciate you stopping by what with snow covered drives and piles of denim waiting to be patchworked. I love those denim totes on your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1