More recycled wrappings


Here are some more recycled food packages including some cereal boxes. I collaged some vintage magazine pages on to the boxes, added some age washes in acrylic paint, and stapled and glued satin ribbon handles and trims. I think they look very cool.


The hanging gift tags are made from adhesive mats, more magazine pages and old buttons, tied on with kitchen string.


Another couple of boxes were made with pages from an outdated writer's market book and a hobby catalog.


Check out the article I wrote for the current edition of Natural Life Magazine. So far my plan to avoid buying any new wrapping papers this holiday season is working out fine. I have also used up the woven paper I made for several different gifts, and I have some leftovers from past years to use also. But frankly I'm enjoying the look of the boxes so much, I think I'll keep moving in that direction.

Also look at this sweet little recycled box my 10yo dd made for her daddy's gift. She used our Xyron 150 sticker maker to make the stickers. (Ours isn't sparkly pink or purple but Jayn uses it a lot!)

Comments

Deborah in IL said…
Wow, those look really incredibly cool. Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1