Renaissance Doll Dress

Since I have already given the gown to the recipient, I can show you some pictures of an outfit for an American Girl sized doll, that I made from my own pattern. There is a gown, a soft hat and a tie-on neck ruff. The base fabric is some sort of slubby upholstery fabric that has a nicestiffness and sheen to it, while the lining and attached petticoat are cotton sateen sheeting. The trim and the front of the skirt are two lovely brocade ribbon remnants I grabbed by the baggie full, just because I thought they looked Elizabethan. I know a zipper is not remotely accurate, but it makes for easier doll play. I was so pleased to find these two lone buttons falling about loose in my drawer, ready to be antique brooches. Repurposed element: chain and pearl from a vintage necklace. Plus I can't resist adding some beads to everything.
I can hardly wait to see the doll all dressed up for the next Ren Fair. Hail and well met!

Comments

Wendy said…
Wow! Robyn, you are so talented. I am just amazed at the fantastic creations that you make!! I can't say it doesn't make me just a wee bit jealous. :-)

See ya soon!!!
Thanks. I enjoy making doll clothes for AG and 16 inch fashion dolls because they are small enough to finish fast, but not so small that it is crazy making fiddly, like Barbie size (or Only Hearts Club - now those are tiny garments!). You can actually show detail without needing a magnifying glass.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1